Product Pathways - Protein Translation
HIF-1β/ARNT (C15A11) Rabbit mAb #3414
|3414S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3414||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||87||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
HIF-1β/ARNT (C15A11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total HIF-1β/ARNT protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human HIF-1β/ARNT.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HepG2 cells using HIF-1β/ARNT (C15A11) Rabbit mAb.
Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 (HIF1) is a heterodimeric transcription factor that plays a critical role in the cellular response to hypoxia (1). The HIF1 complex consists of two subunits, HIF-1α and HIF-1β, which are basic helix-loop-helix proteins of the PAS (Per, ARNT, Sim) family (2). HIF1 regulates the transcription of a broad range of genes that facilitate responses to the hypoxic environment, including genes regulating angiogenesis, erythropoiesis, cell cycle, metabolism, and apoptosis. The widely expressed HIF-1α is typically degraded rapidly in normoxic cells by the ubiquitin/proteasomal pathway. Under normoxic conditions, HIF-1α is proline hydroxylated leading to a conformational change that promotes binding to the von Hippel Lindau protein (VLH) E3 ligase complex; ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation follows (3,4). Both hypoxic conditions and chemical hydroxylase inhibitors (such as desferrioxamine and cobalt) inhibit HIF-1α degradation and lead to its stabilization. In addition, HIF-1α can be induced in an oxygen-independent manner by various cytokines through the PI3K-AKT-mTOR pathway (5-7).
HIF-1β is also known as AhR nuclear translocator (ARNT) due to its ability to partner with the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) to form a heterodimeric transcription factor complex (8). Together with AhR, HIF-1β plays an important role in xenobiotics metabolism (8). In addition, a chromosomal translocation leading to a TEL-ARNT fusion protein is associated with acute myeloblastic leukemia (9). Studies also found that ARNT/HIF-1β expression levels decrease significantly in pancreatic islets from patients with type 2 diabetes, suggesting that HIF-1β plays an important role in pancreatic β-cell function (10).
- Sharp, F.R. and Bernaudin, M. (2004) Nat Rev Neurosci 5, 437-48.
- Wang, G.L. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92, 5510-4.
- Jaakkola, P. et al. (2001) Science 292, 468-72.
- Maxwell, P.H. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 271-5.
- Fukuda, R. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 38205-11.
- Jiang, B.H. et al. (2001) Cell Growth Differ 12, 363-9.
- Laughner, E. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 3995-4004.
- Walisser, J.A. et al. (2004) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101, 16677-82.
- Salomon-Nguyen, F. et al. (2000) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97, 6757-62.
- Gunton, J.E. et al. (2005) Cell 122, 337-49.
- Schults, M.A. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 14558-64. Applications: IP.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3716 HIF-1α Antibody
- 5537 HIF-1β/ARNT (D28F3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3718 HIF-1β/ARNT Antibody
- 3434 Hydroxy-HIF-1α (Pro564) (D43B5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.