Product Pathways - Development
Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb #3608
|3608S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3608P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3608||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||120, 300||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb detects intracellular epitopes between 2400 and 2500 amino acids of human Notch1. It recognizes both the full-length (~300 KDa) and the NTM region (~120 KDa), which consists of a short extracellular juxtamembrane peptide, a transmembrane sequence and the intracellular domain (NICD). The antibody cannot detect the extracellular (ligand-binding) domain of Notch1 following cleavage at the S2 site by ADAM-type metalloproteases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro2438 of human Notch1.
Western blot analysis of total cell extract from various cell types using Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb. The full-length (FL) Notch protein and the cleaved transmembrane/intracellular region (NTM) are indicated.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human inflammatory granulation tissue using Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded A2780 (left), Jurkat (center) and RL (right) cell pellets using Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb. Both A2780 and Jurkat express Notch1, but only Jurkat cells have cleaved Notch1, while RL cells express very low or no Notch1.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon using Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb.
CUTLL1 cells were cultured in media with γ-secretase inhibitor (1 μM) for 3 days and then either harvested immediately (left panel) or washed and cultured in fresh media for 3 hr (right panel). Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 cells and 5 µl of Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb or 2 µl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human HES1 promoter primers, SimpleChIP® Human HES4 Promoter Primers #7273, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Notch proteins (Notch1-4) are a family of transmembrane receptors that play important roles in development and the determination of cell fate (1). Mature Notch receptors are processed and assembled as heterodimeric proteins, with each dimer comprised of a large extracellular ligand-binding domain, a single-pass transmembrane domain, and a smaller cytoplasmic subunit (Notch intracellular domain, NICD) (2). Binding of Notch receptors to ligands of the Delta-Serrate-Lag2 (DSL) family triggers heterodimer dissociation, exposing the receptors to proteolytic cleavages; these result in release of the NICD, which translocates to the nucleus and activates transcription of downstream target genes (3-4).
- Choi, P.S. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 2588 DLL1 Antibody
- 2483 DLL3 (G93) Antibody
- 2589 DLL4 Antibody
- 2155 Jagged1 (1C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2620 Jagged1 (28H8) Rabbit mAb
- 2210 Jagged2 (C23D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2205 Jagged2 (C83A8) Rabbit mAb
- 4608 MAML1 Antibody
- 4618 MAML2 Antibody
- 2154 Musashi Antibody
- 3632 Nicastrin Antibody
- 3447 Notch1 (5B5) Rat mAb
- 3268 Notch1 (C44H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2420 Notch2 (8A1) Rabbit mAb
- 3446 Notch3 (8G5) Rat mAb
- 2889 Notch3 Antibody
- 2423 Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb
- 2756 Numb (C29G11) Rabbit mAb
- 2761 Numb (C44B4) Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 7273 SimpleChIP® Human HES4 Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 3976 TACE Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.