Product Pathways - Development
Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb #3579
|3579S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3579P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3579||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Dog, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Sox2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Gly179 of human Sox2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NTERA2 and NCCIT cells using Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus using Sox2 (D6D9) XP (TM) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical anaylsis of paraffin-embedded NTERA2 cells (positive) (left) and HeLa cells (negative) (right) using Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of NTERA2 (left) and HeLa (right) cells using Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Embryonic stem cells (ESC) derived from the inner cell mass of the blastocyst are unique in their pluripotent capacity and potential for self-renewal (1). Research studies demonstrate that a set of transcription factors that includes Oct-4, Sox2, and Nanog forms a transcriptional network that maintains cells in a pluripotent state (2,3). Chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments show that Sox2 and Oct-4 bind to thousands of gene regulatory sites, many of which regulate cell pluripotency and early embryonic development (4,5). siRNA knockdown of either Sox2 or Oct-4 results in loss of pluripotency (6). Induced overexpression of Oct-4 and Sox2, along with additional transcription factors Klf4 and c-Myc, can reprogram both mouse and human somatic cells to a pluripotent state (7,8). Additional evidence demonstrates that Sox2 is also present in adult multipotent progenitors that give rise to some adult epithelial tissues, including several glands, the glandular stomach, testes, and cervix. Sox2 is thought to regulate target gene expression important for survival and regeneration of these tissues (9).
- Conley, B.J. et al. (2004) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36, 555-67.
- Pesce, M. and Schöler, H.R. (2001) Stem Cells 19, 271-8.
- Pan, G. and Thomson, J.A. (2007) Cell Res 17, 42-9.
- Boyer, L.A. et al. (2005) Cell 122, 947-56.
- Loh, Y.H. et al. (2006) Nat Genet 38, 431-40.
- Matin, M.M. et al. (2004) Stem Cells 22, 659-68.
- Takahashi, K. and Yamanaka, S. (2006) Cell 126, 663-76.
- Okita, K. et al. (2007) Nature 448, 313-7.
- Arnold, K. et al. (2011) Cell Stem Cell 9, 317-29.
- Kregel, S. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e53701. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin), Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3978 LIN28A (A177) Antibody
- 3580 Nanog Antibody
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 2750 Oct-4 Antibody
- 2840 Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5024 Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 2748 Sox2 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.