Product Pathways - Protein Translation
eIF4G2/p97 (D1A10) Rabbit mAb #3468
|3468S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3468||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||97||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF4G2/p97 (D1A10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total eIF4G2/p97 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human eIF4G2/p97.
The initiation of translation is an important biological event and a variety of factors contribute to this process. Members of the eIF4 translation initiation factor family bind to the 5' m7GTP mRNA cap and unwind the mRNA secondary structure (1,2). The amino-terminal portion of eIF4G physically associates with eIF4E to stimulate the binding of eIF4E to the mRNA cap structure (3). eIF4G also interacts with eIF3 and eIF4A and serves as an adaptor molecule in the eIF4 complex (4). Moreover, eIF4G plays a role in internal ribosomal entry site (IRES)-mediated initiation of translation (5,6). The eIF4G family includes eIF4G1 (eIF4GI), eIF4G2 (p97, DAP5 or NAT1), and eIF4G3 (eIF4GII) (7). These factors share a homologous sequence that provides for interaction with initiation factors eIF3 and eIF4A. Both eIF4G1 and eIF4G3 are involved in cap-dependent translation, while eIF4G2 plays a role in IRES-mediated translation of some genes during cell stress (7,8).
- Yan, R. and Rhoads, R.E. (1995) Genomics 26, 394-398.
- Morley, S.J. et al. (1997) RNA 3, 1085-1104.
- Haghighat, A. and Sonenberg, N. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 21677-21680.
- De Gregorio, E. et al. (1998) RNA 4, 828-836.
- Ohlmann, T. et al. (1996) EMBO J. 15, 1371-1382.
- Borman, A.M. and Kean, K.M. (1997) Virology 237, 129-136.
- Henis-Korenblit, S. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99, 5400-5405.
- Nevins, T.A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 3572-3579.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 4992 PABP1 Antibody
- 2441 Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 3411 eIF3A (D51F4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2538 eIF3A Antibody
- 2068 eIF3C Antibody
- 3413 eIF3H (D9C1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3261 eIF3J Antibody
- 2013 eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 2067 eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2617 eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 5169 eIF4G2/p97 (D88B6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2858 eIF4GI Antibody
- 2444 eIF4H Antibody
- 2480 eIF5 Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.