Product Pathways - Neuroscience
nNOS (C7D7) Rabbit mAb #4231
|4231S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4231||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||160||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen)
Specificity / Sensitivity
nNOS (C7D7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total nNOS protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser280 of human nNOS.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse and rat brain using nNOS (C7D7) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from wild-type (+/+) and nNOS null (-/-) mouse brain using nNOS (C7D7) Rabbit mAb (upper) and PSD95 Antibody #2507 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded wild-type (+/+, left) or nNOS null (-/-, right) mouse brain, using nNOS (C7D7) Rabbit mAb.
Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) catalyzes the formation of nitric oxide (NO) and citruline from L-arginine, oxygen and cofactors. Three family members have been characterized: neuronal NOS (nNOS), which is found primarily in neuronal tissue; inducible NOS (iNOS), which is induced by interferon gamma and lipopolysaccharides in the kidney and cardiovascular system; and endothelial NOS (eNOS), which is expressed in blood vessels (1). NO is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body including the maintenance of vascular integrity, homeostasis, synaptic plasticity, long-term potentiation, learning, and memory (2,3).
- Wu, M. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e6430. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 2507 PSD95 Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 4209 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1070) Antibody
- 4208 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1472) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 4236 nNOS (C12H1) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.