Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb #3377
|3377S||100 µl (50 tests)||---||In Stock||---|
|3377P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3377||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Zebrafish||Endogenous||17||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of histone H3 only when phosphorylated at Ser10. The antibody does not cross-react with other phosphorylated histones or with acetylated histones.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser10 of human histone H3.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, either untreated or treated with nocodazole (100 ng/ml for 18 hours), using Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb #3377 (upper) or Histone H3 Antibody #9715 (lower). Phospho-specificity of the antibody is shown by further treatment of the lysate with λ phosphatase.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells using Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb versus propidium iodide (DNA content). The boxed population indicates Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) positive cells.
Modulation of chromatin structure plays an important role in the regulation of transcription in eukaryotes. The nucleosome, made up of DNA wound around eight core histone proteins (two each of H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin (1). The amino-terminal tails of core histones undergo various post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (2-5). These modifications occur in response to various stimuli and have a direct effect on the accessibility of chromatin to transcription factors and, therefore, gene expression (6). In most species, histone H2B is primarily acetylated at Lys5, 12, 15, and 20 (4,7). Histone H3 is primarily acetylated at Lys9, 14, 18, 23, 27, and 56. Acetylation of H3 at Lys9 appears to have a dominant role in histone deposition and chromatin assembly in some organisms (2,3). Phosphorylation at Ser10, Ser28, and Thr11 of histone H3 is tightly correlated with chromosome condensation during both mitosis and meiosis (8-10). Phosphorylation at Thr3 of histone H3 is highly conserved among many species and is catalyzed by the kinase haspin. Immunostaining with phospho-specific antibodies in mammalian cells reveals mitotic phosphorylation at Thr3 of H3 in prophase and its dephosphorylation during anaphase (11).
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Hansen, J.C. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 17637-41.
- Strahl, B.D. and Allis, C.D. (2000) Nature 403, 41-5.
- Cheung, P. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 263-71.
- Bernstein, B.E. and Schreiber, S.L. (2002) Chem Biol 9, 1167-73.
- Jaskelioff, M. and Peterson, C.L. (2003) Nat Cell Biol 5, 395-9.
- Thorne, A.W. et al. (1990) Eur J Biochem 193, 701-13.
- Hendzel, M.J. et al. (1997) Chromosoma 106, 348-60.
- Goto, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25543-9.
- Preuss, U. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 878-85.
- Dai, J. et al. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 472-88.
- Sulahian, R. et al. (2013) Oncogene , . Applications: IF-IC (In Cells), Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9711 Acetyl- and Phospho-Histone H3 (Lys9/Ser10) Antibody
- 9675 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) Antibody
- 9649 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (C5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 9677 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9/Lys14) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 4718 Aurora A/AIK (1G4) Rabbit mAb
- 3094 Aurora B/AIM1 Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3305 GCN5L2 (C26A10) Rabbit mAb
- 9717 Histone H3 (3H1) Rabbit mAb
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4620 Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 2650 Histone H3 Antibody (ChIP Formulated)
- 3378 PCAF (C14G9) Rabbit mAb
- 1000 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Blocking Peptide
- 9713 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser28) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
XP is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.