Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
PCAF (C14G9) Rabbit mAb #3378
|3378S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3378||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||93||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PCAF (C14G9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PCAF protein. The antibody does not cross-react with the related GCN5L2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of human PCAF protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using PCAF (C14G9) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 293 cells treated with Forskolin #3828 (30 µM) and either 20 μl of PCAF (C14G9) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human ALS2 exon 1 primers, SimpleChIP® Human NR4A3 Promoter Primers #4829, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
p300/CBP-associated factor (PCAF), also known as lysine acetyl-transferase 2B (KAT2B), is a transcriptional adaptor protein and histone acetyl-transferase (HAT) that functions as the catalytic subunit of the PCAF transcriptional co-activator complex (1). PCAF is 73% homologous to GCN5L2, another HAT protein found in similar complexes (1,2). Like GCN5L2, PCAF acetylates histone H3 on Lys14 and histone H4 on Lys8, both of which contribute to gene activation by modulating chromatin structure and recruiting additional co-activator proteins that contain acetyl-lysine binding bromo-domains (3). PCAF also acetylates non-histone proteins including transcriptional activators (p53, E2F1, MyoD), general transcription factors (TFIIEβ and TFIIF) and architectural DNA binding proteins (HMGA1 and HMG17) (4-10). Acetylation of these proteins regulates their nuclear localization, protein stability, DNA binding, and co-activator association.
- Nagy, Z. and Tora, L. (2007) Oncogene 26, 5341-57.
- Yang, X.J. et al. (1996) Nature 382, 319-24.
- Schiltz, R.L. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 1189-92.
- Bannister, A.J. and Miska, E.A. (2000) Cell Mol Life Sci 57, 1184-92.
- Liu, L. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 1202-9.
- Martínez-Balbás, M.A. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 662-71.
- Sartorelli, V. et al. (1999) Mol Cell 4, 725-34.
- Imhof, A. et al. (1997) Curr Biol 7, 689-92.
- Munshi, N. et al. (1998) Mol Cell 2, 457-67.
- Herrera, J.E. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 3466-73.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4771 Acetyl-CBP (Lys1535)/p300 (Lys1499) Antibody
- 3966 TRRAP (D2966) Antibody
- 3305 GCN5L2 (C26A10) Rabbit mAb
- 9649 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (C5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 9677 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9/Lys14) Antibody
- 9675 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) Antibody
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.