Product Pathways - Neuroscience
GSTP1 (3F2) Mouse mAb #3369
|3369S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3369||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||23||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
GSTP1 (3F2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total GSTP1 protein. The antibody does not cross react with GST-tagged proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant GSTP1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PC3 cells and human cerebellum using GSTP1 (3F2) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using GSTP1 (3F2) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymphoma using GSTP1 (3F2) Mouse mAb.
Glutathione S-transferases (GSTs) are a family of isoenzymes that detoxify electrophiles through conjugation to thiol-reduced glutathione (GSH). Thus, they are critical in protecting cells from toxins (drugs, pesticides, carcinogens) and oxidative stress (1). Eight isoforms of cytosolic-soluble GSTs (α, κ, μ, π, σ, θ, ζ, and ω) are identified, while only GST-α, -μ, and -π are described in the central nervous system (2). GSTP1 (GSTπ) is overexpressed in early stages of carcinogenesis and can be used as a neoplastic marker in tumor tissues (3). GSTP1 directly inhibits TRAF2 and JNK but not NF-κB (4,5). Corresponding GSTP1 gene polymorphisms affect substrate selectivity and stability, and the oxidative milieu in dopaminergic neurons, which increases the susceptibility to Parkinson’s disease (6).
- Hayes, J.D. et al. (2005) Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 45, 51-88.
- Mannervik, B. et al. (2005) Methods Enzymol 401, 1-8.
- Ali-Osman, F. et al. (1997) Clin Cancer Res 3, 2253-61.
- Elsby, R. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 22243-9.
- Wu, Y. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 5787-800.
- Castro-Caldas, M. et al. (2009) J Mol Neurosci 38, 114-27.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9258 JNK2 (56G8) Rabbit mAb
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 4211 Parkin (Prk8) Mouse mAb
- 3078 Phospho-ROS1 (Tyr2274) Antibody
- 9912 Phospho-SAPK/JNK Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 4724 TRAF2 (C192) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.