Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
|9974S||10 mg||---||In Stock||---|
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- 804.03 g/mol
Directions For Use
FK-506 is supplied as a 10 mg powder. Store at -20ºC. FK-506 is soluble in ethanol (also DMSO and methanol) and stock solutions should be stored at -20ºC. Working concentrations and length of treatment can vary depending on the desired effect, but it is typically used between 1 and 10 nM.
The calcium dependent protein phosphatase calcineurin is responsible for the de-phosphorylation of the transcriptional regulator nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) and is essential for NFAT’s nuclear translocation and activation (1,2). Calcineurin is a target of two common immunosuppressants, cyclosporin A (CsA) (3) and FK-506 (also know as tacrolimus and fugimycin) (4), both of which can inhibit antigen and mitogen triggered T cell activation. These drugs interact with the immunophilins cyclophilin and FKBP-12, respectively, and the immunophilin-drug complex binds to calcineurin to inhibit substrate binding (5). FK-506 can be up to 100-fold more potent than CsA in various models (6-8).
- Schulz, R.A. and Yutzey, K.E. (2004) Dev Biol 266, 1-16.
- Rusnak, F. and Mertz, P. (2000) Physiol Rev 80, 1483-521.
- Borel, J.F. et al. (1976) Agents Actions 6, 468-75.
- Kino, T. et al. (1987) J Antibiot (Tokyo) 40, 1249-55.
- Liu, J. et al. (1991) Cell 66, 807-15.
- Henderson, D.J. et al. (1991) Immunology 73, 316-21.
- Tocci, M.J. et al. (1989) J Immunol 143, 718-26.
- Yoshimura, N. et al. (1989) Transplantation 47, 351-6.
- Toledo, A. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e62863. Applications: Companion Products.
- Dragulescu-Andrasi, A. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 12060-5. Applications: Companion Products.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2175 Cyclophilin A Antibody
- 2183 NFAT3 (23E6) Rabbit mAb
- 2188 NFAT3 (31G6) Rabbit mAb
- 4998 NFAT4 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.