Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) (C11A12) Rabbit mAb #9364
|9364S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9364||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) (C11A12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Stat6 only when phosphorylated at Tyr641. This antibody does not cross-react with the corresponding phospho-tyrosine residues of other Stat proteins. Cross-reactivity has been observed with receptor tyrosine kinases including phosphorylated PDGF receptor that can lead to inapproriate membrane staining.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr641 of human Stat6.
Upon activation by Janus kinases, Stat6 translocates to the nucleus where it regulates cytokine-induced gene expression. Stat6 is activated via phosphorylation at Tyr641 and is required for responsiveness to IL-4 and IL-13 (1-4). In addition, Stat6 is activated by IFN-α in B cells, where it forms transcriptionally active complexes with Stat2 and p48 (5,6). Protein phosphatase 2A is also involved in regulation of IL-4-mediated Stat6 signaling (7).
- Nelms, K. et al. (1999) Ann. Rev. Immunol. 17, 701-738.
- Malabarba, M.G. et al. (1996) Biochem. J. 319, 865-872.
- Hou, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 1701-1706.
- Quelle, F.W. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 3336-3343.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1996) Nature 380, 627-630.
- Gupta, S. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 3834-3841.
- Woetmann, A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 2787-2791.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9167 Phospho-Stat1 (Tyr701) (58D6) Rabbit mAb
- 4441 Phospho-Stat2 (Tyr690) Antibody
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9359 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C11C5) Rabbit mAb
- 9361 Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 5397 Stat6 (D3H4) Rabbit mAb
- 9362 Stat6 Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.