Product Pathways - Protein Folding
HSP40 (C64B4) Rabbit mAb #4871
|4871S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4871P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4871||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
HSP40 (C64B4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total HSP40 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other HSPs.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to Glu223 of human HSP40/Hdj1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, C2C12, C6 and COS cells using HSP40 (C64B4) Rabbit mAb.
HSP40 and HSP40-like proteins represent a large family of chaperone proteins that are homologous to E. coli DnaJ protein (1). These proteins are classified into three subtypes based on their structures. The common feature of the family is a conserved J domain, which is usually located at the amino terminus of proteins and responsible for their association with HSP70 (1,2). Human HSP40, also known as Hdj1, belongs to subtype II that contain a unique Gly/Phe-rich region (2). HSP40 family proteins bind unfolded proteins, prevent their aggregation, and then deliver them to HSP70 (2,3). Another major function of HSP40 is to stimulate ATPase activity of HSP70, which causes conformational change of the unfolded proteins (4,5). The HSP40-HSP70-unfolded protein complex further binds to co-chaperones Hip, Hop and HSP90 or components of the protein degradation machinery such as CHIP and BAG-1, which either leads to protein folding or degradation, respectively (6).
- Cheetham, M.E. and Caplan, A.J. (1998) Cell Stress Chaperones 3, 28-36.
- Fan, C.Y. et al. (2003) Cell Stress Chaperones 8, 309-316.
- Langer, T. et al. (1992) Nature 356, 683-689.
- Liberek, K. et al. (1991) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88, 2874-2878.
- Cyr, D.M. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 20927-20931.
- Höhfeld, J. et al. (2001) EMBO Rep. 2, 885-890.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4868 HSP40 Antibody
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 4872 HSP70 Antibody
- 4875 HSP90 (E289) Antibody
- 4874 HSP90 Antibody
- 2723 Hip Antibody
- 4464 Hop Antibody
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.