Product Pathways - Development
BMP7 Antibody #4693
|4693S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4693||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
BMP7 Antibody detects transfected levels of total mouse BMP7 protein. It only recognizes the BMP7 precursor protein (49 kDa), not the mature secreted from (16 kDa).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly99 of mouse BMP7. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) were first identified as molecules that can induce ectopic bone and cartilage formation (1,2). BMPs belongs to the TGF-β superfamily, playing many diverse functions during development (3). BMPs are synthesized as precursor proteins and then processed by cleavage to release the c-terminal mature BMP. BMPs initiate signaling by binding to a receptor complex containing type I and type II serine/threonine receptor kinases that then phosphorylate Smad (mainly Smad1, 5 and 8), resulting the translocation of Smad into the nucleus. BMP was also reported to activate MAPK pathways in some systems (3,4).
BMP7, also known as osteogenic protein-1 (OP-1), is found to be upregulated in some cancer cells (5-7), and may play a role in cancer metastasis (7-9).
- Wang, E.A. et al. (1988) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 85, 9484-8.
- Wozney, J.M. et al. (1988) Science 242, 1528-34.
- Kawabata, M. et al. (1998) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 9, 49-61.
- Nohe, A. et al. (2004) Cell Signal 16, 291-9.
- Yang, S. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 5769-77.
- Alarmo, E.L. et al. (2006) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45, 411-9.
- Motoyama, K. et al. (2008) Ann Surg Oncol 15, 1530-7.
- Buijs, J.T. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 8742-51.
- Buijs, J.T. et al. (2007) Am J Pathol 171, 1047-57.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9516 Phospho-Smad1/5 (Ser463/465) (41D10) Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9515 Smad4 Antibody
- 9517 Smad5 Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.