Product Pathways - Protein Translation
p58IPK (C56E7) Rabbit mAb #2940
|2940S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2940||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||58||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
p58IPK (C56E7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total p58IPK protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human p58IPK.
p58IPK is an inhibitor of interferon-induced and double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase (PKR). It physically interacts with PKR and inhibits its activation and activity (1). Influenza virus activates p58IPK and thus blocks the activity of PKR to repress translation in the infected cells. In the uninfected cells, p58IPK forms a complex with its own inhibitor, HSP40, and is kept in an inactive state (2). ER stress induces the expression of p58IPK mediated by ATF6 (3,4). The induced p58IPK negatively regulates Perk activity, inhibits eIF2α phosphorylation and suppresses the activation of expression of downstream ER-responsive genes ATF4 and GADD153 (4). More recently, p58IPK has been shown to associate with the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) where it is believed to serve as a cochaperone for BiP (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2679 Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 2886 ERp44 Antibody
- 2887 ERp57 (A484) Antibody
- 2881 ERp57 (G117) Antibody
- 2798 ERp72 Antibody
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2446 PDI Antibody
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.