Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
ERC1α (D1055) Antibody #2885
|2885S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2885||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
ERC1α (D1055) Antibody detects endogenous levels of the α isoform of human ERC1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxy terminus of human ERC1 protein, specific for the α isoform. Antibodies were purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
ERC1, an acronym named for previous protein names ELKS (1), RAB6IP2 (2) and CAST (3), is a RIM-binding protein that plays a role in neurotransmitter release and general membrane trafficking in other cell types (2-5). Interaction with the GTP-binding protein Rab6 suggests that it contributes to membrane traffic at the Golgi (2). In addition to its association with membrane trafficking, ERC1 has also been found as an essential part of the IκB kinase (IKK) complex required for the activation of NF-κB, perhaps by recruiting IκBα to the IKK complex (6). Alternative splicing of ERC1 generates 2 proteins with a divergent carboxy terminus, a long and a short form termed ERC1α and ERC1β, respectively. ERC1α is widely expressed, whereas ERC1β and a related family member ERC2 are expressed in the brain (4). Papillary thyroid carcinomas have been identified with the translocation t(10;12)(p11;p13) resulting in a fusion between ERC1 and the receptor tyrosine kinase Ret (1).
- Nakata, T. et al. (1999) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 25, 97-103.
- Monier, S. et al. (2002) Traffic 3, 289-97.
- Ohtsuka, T. et al. (2002) J Cell Biol 158, 577-90.
- Wang, Y. et al. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99, 14464-9.
- Ohara-Imaizumi, M. et al. (2005) Mol Biol Cell 16, 3289-300.
- Ducut Sigala, J.L. et al. (2004) Science 304, 1963-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2370 IKKβ (2C8) Rabbit mAb
- 2695 IKKγ (DA10-12) Mouse mAb
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 2697 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.