Product Pathways - DNA Damage
XRCC1 Antibody #2735
|2735S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2735||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
XRCC1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total XRCC1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Arg300 of human XRCC1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The X-ray repair cross complementing protein 1 (XRCC1) is a DNA repair protein important in both single strand break repair and base excision repair following damage from ionizing radiation and alkylating agents (1). XRCC1 acts as a scaffold protein to coordinate DNA abasic site repair through interaction with several other repair proteins (2). At least eight XRCC1 protein partners have been identified, including the polynucleotide kinase PNK (3), DNA ligase III (4,5), poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (6), and PCNA (7). Mutations and polymorphisms in the XRCC1 gene serve as diagnostic markers and are associated with elevated risk of various forms of cancers (8).
- Brem, R. and Hall, J. (2005) Nucleic Acids Res. 33, 2512-2520.
- Vidal, A.E. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 6530-6539.
- Whitehouse, C.J. et al. (2001) Cell 104, 107-117.
- Caldecott, K.W. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 68-76.
- Nash, R.A. et al. (1997) Biochemistry 36, 5207-5211.
- Masson, M. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18, 3563-3571.
- Fan, J. et al. (2004) Nucleic Acids Res. 32, 2193-2201.
- Hu, Z. et al. (2005) Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 14, 1810-1818.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9010 BRCA1 Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2586 PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb
- 9009 Phospho-BRCA1 (Ser1524) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.