Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-6 Antibody #9762
|9762S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9762||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||15, 35||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-6 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of both full length caspase-6 (35 kDa) and the small subunit of caspase-6 resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid 193 (15 kDa). This antibody does not recognize other caspases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the cleavage site of caspase-6. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Caspase-6 (Mch2) is one of the major executioner caspases functioning in cellular apoptotic processes (1,2). Upon apoptotic stimulation, initiator caspases such as caspase-9 are cleaved and activated (3). The activated upstream caspases further process downstream executioner caspases, such as caspase-3 and caspase-6, by cleaving them into large and small subunits, thereby initiating a caspase cascade leading to apoptosis (4,5). One of the major targets for caspase-6 is the membrane associated protein lamin A (6). The cleavage of this protein causes cell membrane malfunction, membrane blebbing and eventual cell death.
- Hara, H. et al. (2002) J. Immunol. 168, 2288-2295. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Schroder, A. et al. (2002) . J. Immunol. 168, 996-1000. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 9761 Cleaved Caspase-6 (Asp162) Antibody
- 2031 Cleaved Lamin A (Asp230) Antibody
- 2032 Lamin A/C Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.