Product Pathways - Apoptosis
DFF45/DFF35 Antibody #9732
|9732S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9732||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
DFF45/DFF35 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total full length DFF45 and/or full length DFF35. The antibody does not cross-react with related proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp224 of human DFF45. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Human DFF45 and its mouse homologue ICAD function in normal cells as chaperones for caspase-activated deoxyribonuclease (DFF40 or CAD) during its synthesis (1). The association of DFF45 (or its isoform DFF35) with DFF40 inhibits the DNAse activity of the latter (1-4). In vitro, DFF45 has been shown to be the target of several caspases, including caspase-3, -6, -7, -8 and granzyme B (3). In vivo, caspase-3 is believed to be the primary enzyme responsible for processing DFF45 and release of its carboxy-terminal fragment (3,5). The cleavage of DFF45 inactivates its inhibitory function on DFF40 and causes nuclear DNA degradation by DFF40, leading to cell death (6,7).
- Enari, M. et al. (1998) Nature 391, 43-50.
- Sakahira, H. et al. (1998) Nature 391, 96-99.
- Wolf, B. B. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 30651-30656.
- Gu, J. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 20759-20762.
- Tang, D. and Kidd, V.J. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 28549-28552.
- Liu, X. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 13836-13840.
- Zhang, J. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 37450-37454.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 9731 Cleaved DFF45 (Asp224) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.