Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-3 (3G2) Mouse mAb #9668
|9668S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9668T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9668||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||17, 19, 35||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-3 (3G2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of full length (35 kDa) and the large fragment (17/19 kDa) of caspase-3 resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid 175.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 28-44 of human caspase-3.
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
- Ikner, A. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21546-54. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gucký, T. et al. (2013) J Med Chem 56, 6234-47. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9665 Caspase-3 (8G10) Rabbit mAb
- 9662 Caspase-3 Antibody
- 9664 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.