Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody #9661
|9661L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9661S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9661||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||17, 19||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IHC-F=Immunohistochemistry (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Dog, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody detects endogenous levels of the large fragment (17/19 kDa) of activated caspase-3 resulting from cleavage adjacent to Asp175. This antibody does not recognize full length caspase-3 or other cleaved caspases. This antibody detects non-specific caspase substrates by western blot.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino-terminal residues adjacent to (Asp175) in human caspase-3.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3 and C6 cells untreated, staurosporine-treated (3hrs, 1 µM in vivo) or cytochrome c-treated (1hr, 0.25 mg/ml in vitro), using Caspase-3 Antibody #9662 (upper) or Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human tonsil, showing cytoplasmic and perinuclear localization in apoptotic cells (low and high magnification), using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis using Cleaved caspase-3 (Asp175) antibody on SignalSlide™ Cleaved Caspase-3 IHC controls #8104 (paraffin-embedded Jurkat cells, untreated (left) or etoposide-treated (right)).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse embryo, using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody preincubated with control peptide (left) or Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Blocking Peptide #1050 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen H1650 xenograft section, using Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent images of HT-29 cells, untreated (left) or Staurosporine #9953 treated (right), labeled with Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin #8953 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® (fluorescent DNA dye).
Caspase-3 (CPP-32, Apoptain, Yama, SCA-1) is a critical executioner of apoptosis, as it is either partially or totally responsible for the proteolytic cleavage of many key proteins, such as the nuclear enzyme poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) (1). Activation of caspase-3 requires proteolytic processing of its inactive zymogen into activated p17 and p12 fragments. Cleavage of caspase-3 requires the aspartic acid residue at the P1 position (2).
- Di Cunto, F. et al. (2000) Neuron 28, 115-27. Applications: Flow Cytometry, IHC-P (paraffin).
- Cheong, J.W. et al. (2003) Clin Cancer Res 9, 5018-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Garnier, P. et al. (2003) J Neurosci 23, 7967-73. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Goodyear, C.S. et al. (2004) J Immunol 172, 2870-7. Applications: Flow Cytometry.
- Gown, A.M. and Willingham, M.C. (2002) J Histochem Cytochem 50, 449-54. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Olney, J.W. et al. (2002) Brain Res Dev Brain Res 133, 115-26. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Kaiser, C.L. et al. (2008) Hear Res 240, 1-11. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Patel, A.V. and Krimm, R.F. (2010) Dev Biol 340, 419-29. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Faber, A. et al. (2011) Cancer Discov 1, 352-365. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Thome, C.H. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Proteomics , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Iden, S. et al. (2012) Cancer Cell 22, 389-403. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Bhadury, J. et al. (2013) Oncogenesis 2, e44. Applications: IHC-FL (floating/frozen).
- Marthiens, V. et al. (2013) Nat Cell Biol , . Applications: IF-F.
- Trautmann, M. et al. (2013) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Yoshikawa, M. et al. (2013) Cancer Res 73, 1855-66. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells), Western Blotting.
- Chaoul, N. et al. (2012) Retrovirology 9, 43. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9668 Caspase-3 (3G2) Mouse mAb
- 9665 Caspase-3 (8G10) Rabbit mAb
- 9662 Caspase-3 Antibody
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 9664 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (5A1E) Rabbit mAb
- 9579 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) (D3E9) Rabbit mAb
- 1050 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Blocking Peptide
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8104 SignalSlide® Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) IHC Controls
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.