Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-Tau (Ser396) (PHF13) Mouse mAb #9632
|9632S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9632||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||50-80||Mouse IgG2b|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Tau (Ser396) (PHF13) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of Tau only when phosphorylated at serine 396.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with human purified Tau (Hoffmann et al., 1997).
Tau is a heterogeneous microtubule-associated protein that promotes and stabilizes microtubule assembly, especially in axons. Six isoforms with different amino-terminal inserts and different numbers of tandem repeats near the carboxy terminus have been identified, and tau is hyperphosphorylated at approximately 25 sites by Erk, GSK-3, and CDK5 (1,2). Phosphorylation decreases the ability of tau to bind to microtubules. Neurofibrillary tangles are a major hallmark of Alzheimer's disease; these tangles are bundles of paired helical filaments composed of hyperphosphorylated tau. In particular, phosphorylation at Ser396 by GSK-3 or CDK5 destabilizes microtubules. Furthermore, research studies have shown that inclusions of tau are found in a number of other neurodegenerative diseases, collectively known as tauopathies (1,3).
- Hoffmann, R. et al. (1997) Biochemistry 36, 8114-8124. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hong, M. and Lee, V.M. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 19547-19553. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hong, M. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 25326-25332. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ahlijanian, M.K. et al. (2000) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97, 2910-2915. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9338 GSK-3α Antibody
- 4542 MAP2 Antibody
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 9327 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) (37F11) Rabbit mAb (GSK-3α Preferred)
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 9910 Phospho-MAPK Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.