Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody #9621
|9621L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9621S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9621||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||All Species Expected||Endogenous||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), E-P=Peptide ELISA (DELFIA)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody detects peptides and proteins containing a phospho-serine/threonine residue with arginine at the -3 position. It is a useful tool in identifying substrates of AGC family kinases, including PKA and PKC. It does not cross-react with the nonphosphorylated PKA substrate motif. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phospho-PKA substrate peptide. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A431 cells, untreated or calyculin A-treated, using Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A431 cells, phosphorylated in vitro by protein kinase A, Erk2 or cdc2/cyclin A, plus or minus PKA inhibitor (PKI), using Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma control (left) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right), using Phsopho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody.
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody ELISA Assay: Signal-to-noise ratio of phospho- versus nonphospho-peptides. (T* and S* denote phosphorylated threonine and serine.)
An important class of kinases, refered to as Arg-directed kinases or AGC-family kinases, includes cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA), cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PKG), protein kinase C, Akt and RSK. These kinases share a substrate specificity characterized by Arg at position -3 relative to the phosphorylated Ser or Thr (1,2). Phospho-PKA substrate-specific antibodies from Cell Signaling Technology are powerful tools for investigating the regulation of phosphorylation by PKA and other Arg-directed kinases, as well as for high throughput kinase drug discovery.
- Lei, H. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 9364-71. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Marcinkiewicz, A. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 11901-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Su, Y.H. and Vacquier, V.D. (2006) Mol Biol Cell 17, 114-21. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Miyoshi, H. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 15837-44. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Smith, J.A. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 1027-34. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Wada, S. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 94-103. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hatakeyama, M. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 5023-31. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Schmitt, J.M. and Stork, P.J. (2002) Mol Cell 9, 85-94. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Grønborg, M. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Proteomics 1, 517-27. Applications: IP, Western Blotting.
- Bruce, J.I. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 1340-8. Applications: IP, Western Blotting.
- Schmitt, A. and Nebreda, A.R. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99, 4361-6. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9601 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9920 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9631 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Phe Antibody
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9386 Phospho-Threonine (42H4) Mouse mAb
- 9381 Phospho-Threonine Antibody (P-Thr-Polyclonal)
- 9391 Phospho-Threonine-Proline Mouse mAb (P-Thr-Pro-101)
- 2351 Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 6406 SignalSilence® PKA C-α siRNA I
- 6574 SignalSilence® PKA C-α siRNA II
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Use of Cell Signaling Technology (CST) Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patents No. 7,198,896 and 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.