Product Pathways - Development
β-Catenin Antibody #9562
|9562L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9562S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9562||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||92||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Zebrafish, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
β-Catenin Antibody detects endogenous levels total of β-catenin. This antibody does cross-react with endogenous levels of γ-catenin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues around Ser37 of human β-catenin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293, HeLa, NIH/3T3 and C6 cells using β-Catenin Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using beta-Catenin Antibody.
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev 11, 3286-305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr Opin Genet Dev 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 1066-76.
- Liu, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-47.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 1733-42.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev 10, 1443-54.
- Morin, P.J. et al. (1997) Science 275, 1787-90.
- Zhao, J.X. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 16426-34. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Veronese, A. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 4840-5. Applications: IP, Western Blotting.
- Bone, H.K. et al. (2011) J Cell Sci 124, 1992-2000. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9030 Acetyl-β-Catenin (Lys49) (D7C2) Rabbit mAb
- 9534 Acetyl-β-Catenin (Lys49) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8814 Non-phospho (Active) β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) (D13A1) Rabbit mAb
- 4270 Non-phospho (Active) β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 2009 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37) Antibody
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 5651 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) (D8E11) Rabbit mAb
- 9566 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) Antibody
- 4176 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) (D2F1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9567 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 8480 β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.