Product Pathways - Development
β-Catenin Antibody #9562
|9562L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9562S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9562||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||92||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Zebrafish, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
β-Catenin Antibody detects endogenous levels total of β-catenin. This antibody does cross-react with endogenous levels of γ-catenin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues around Ser37 of human β-catenin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293, HeLa, NIH/3T3 and C6 cells using β-Catenin Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using beta-Catenin Antibody.
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev 11, 3286-305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr Opin Genet Dev 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 1066-76.
- Liu, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-47.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 1733-42.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev 10, 1443-54.
- Morin, P.J. et al. (1997) Science 275, 1787-90.
- Zhao, J.X. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 16426-34. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Veronese, A. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 4840-5. Applications: IP, Western Blotting.
- Bone, H.K. et al. (2011) J Cell Sci 124, 1992-2000. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9030 Acetyl-β-Catenin (Lys49) (D7C2) Rabbit mAb
- 9534 Acetyl-β-Catenin (Lys49) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8814 Non-phospho (Active) β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) (D13A1) Rabbit mAb
- 4270 Non-phospho (Active) β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 2009 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37) Antibody
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 5651 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) (D8E11) Rabbit mAb
- 9566 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) Antibody
- 4176 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) (D2F1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9567 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 8480 β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.