Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Mouse Specific) #9544
|9544S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9544P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9544||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Mouse Specific) detects endogenous levels of the large fragment (89 kDa) of mouse PARP1 resulting from caspase cleavage. The antibody does not recognize full length PARP1 or other PARP isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues surrounding Asp214 in mouse PARP. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or staurosporine-treated (1 µM, 3hrs), using Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Mouse Specific).
PARP, a 116 kDa nuclear poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase, appears to be involved in DNA repair in response to environmental stress (1). This protein can be cleaved by many ICE-like caspases in vitro (2,3) and is one of the main cleavage targets of caspase-3 in vivo (4,5). In human PARP, the cleavage occurs between Asp214 and Gly215, which separates the PARP amino-terminal DNA binding domain (24 kDa) from the carboxy-terminal catalytic domain (89 kDa) (2,4). PARP helps cells to maintain their viability; cleavage of PARP facilitates cellular disassembly and serves as a marker of cells undergoing apoptosis (6).
(This product is sold under license from Promega Corp., U.S. Patent No. 6,350,452.)
- Satoh, M.S. and Lindahl, T. (1992) Nature 356, 356-358.
- Lazebnik, Y. A. et al. (1994) Nature 371, 346-347.
- Cohen, G.M. (1997) Biochem. J. 326, 1-16.
- Nicholson, D. W. et al. (1995) Nature 376, 37-43.
- Tewari, M. et al. (1995) Cell 81, 801-809.
- Oliver, F.J. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 33533-33539.
- Garnier, P. et al. (2003) J. Neurosci. 23 (22), 7967-73. Applications: IC-IF, Western Blotting.
- Benedettini, E. et al. (2010) Am J Pathol 177, 415-23. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9665 Caspase-3 (8G10) Rabbit mAb
- 9492 Caspase-7 Antibody
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9491 Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody
- 9548 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) (7C9) Mouse mAb (Mouse Specific)
- 9541 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9545 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 9542 PARP Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.