Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-7 (C7) Mouse mAb (Human Specific) #9494
|9494S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9494||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||20, 30, 35||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-7 (C7) Mouse mAb (Human Specific) detects endogenous levels of caspase-7 proform as well as the 30 and 20 kDa cleaved fragments. This antibody does not cross-react with other caspases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human caspase-7 protein.
Caspase-7 (CMH-1, Mch3, ICE-LAP3) has been identified as a major contributor to the execution of apoptosis (1-4). Caspase-7, like caspase-3, is an effector caspase that is responsible for cleaving downstream substrates such as (ADP-ribose) polymerase and PARP (1,3). During apoptosis, caspase-7 is activated through proteolytic processing by upstream caspases at Asp23, Asp198, and Asp206 to produce the mature subunits (1,3). Similar to caspase-2 and -3, caspase-7 preferentially cleaves substrates following the recognition sequence DEVD (5).
- Ikner, A. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21546-54. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9492 Caspase-7 Antibody
- 9491 Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.