Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-7 Antibody #9492
|9492S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9492P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9492||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||20, 35||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-7 Antibody detects endogenous levels of both full length caspase-7 (35 kDa) and the large fragment of cleaved caspase-7 following cleavage at aspartic acid 198 (20 kDa). The antibody does not recognize other caspases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the cleavage site of human caspase-7. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Caspase-7 (CMH-1, Mch3, ICE-LAP3) has been identified as a major contributor to the execution of apoptosis (1-4). Caspase-7, like caspase-3, is an effector caspase that is responsible for cleaving downstream substrates such as (ADP-ribose) polymerase and PARP (1,3). During apoptosis, caspase-7 is activated through proteolytic processsing by upstream caspases at Asp23, Asp198, and Asp206 to produce the mature subunits (1,3). Similar to caspase-2 and -3, caspase-7 preferentially cleaves substrates following the recognition sequence DEVD (5).
- Erhardt, J. A. et al. (2001) Thromb. Res 103, 143-148. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lademann, U. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell. Biol. 23, 7829-7837. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Guegan, C. et al. (2001) . J. Neurosci. 21, 6569-6576. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Thome, C.H. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Proteomics , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gucký, T. et al. (2013) J Med Chem 56, 6234-47. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 8438 Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) (D6H1) Rabbit mAb
- 9491 Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.