Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody #9491
|9491S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9491||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||20||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody detects endogenous levels of the large fragment of caspase-7 resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid 198. The antibody does not cross-react with full length caspase-7 or with other caspases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino-terminal residues surrounding Asp198 in human caspase-7. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Caspase-7 (CMH-1, Mch3, ICE-LAP3) has been identified as a major contributor to the execution of apoptosis (1-4). Caspase-7, like caspase-3, is an effector caspase that is responsible for cleaving downstream substrates such as (ADP-ribose) polymerase and PARP (1,3). During apoptosis, caspase-7 is activated through proteolytic processsing by upstream caspases at Asp23, Asp198, and Asp206 to produce the mature subunits (1,3). Similar to caspase-2 and -3, caspase-7 preferentially cleaves substrates following the recognition sequence DEVD (5).
- Han, H. et al. (2001) . J. Biol. Chem. 276 (28), 26357-26364. Applications: Western Blotting.
- D'Agostino, L. and Giordano, A. (2011) Oncotarget 2, 1055-74. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Thome, C.H. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Proteomics , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9662 Caspase-3 Antibody
- 9494 Caspase-7 (C7) Mouse mAb (Human Specific)
- 12827 Caspase-7 (D2Q3L) Rabbit mAb
- 9492 Caspase-7 Antibody
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9541 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9542 PARP Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.