Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-102) #9416
|9416S||100 µg (40 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9416||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:2000||All Species Expected||Endogenous||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, F=Flow Cytometry, E-P=Peptide ELISA (DELFIA)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-102) is a high affinity IgG1 monoclonal antibody. ELISAs using a wide variety of phospho-peptides show that P-Tyr-102 binds phospho-Tyr in a manner largely independent of the surrounding amino acid sequence.
2D gel western blot analysis of pervanadate-treated cell extracts also shows that P-Tyr-102 interacts with a broad range of tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins. P-Tyr-102's fine specificity in terms of the sequence context in which it can recognize phospho-tyrosine seems to differ slightly from that of P-Tyr-100 #9411. P-Tyr-102 does not recognize peptides containing phospho-Ser or phospho-Thr. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with synthetic phospho-Tyr-containing peptides.
Western blot analysis of extracts from sodium vanadate treated (3 mM for 0.5 hour) NIH/3T3 cells, using Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-102).
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells treated with 1 mM pervanadate for 30 minutes prior to lysis. Proteins were separated by 2D electrophoresis prior to blotting.
Flow cytometric analysis of NIH/3T3 cells, untreated (blue) or pervanadate-treated (green), using Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-102) compared with a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Tyrosine phosphorylation plays a key role in cellular signaling (1). Research studies have shown that in cancer, unregulated tyrosine kinase activity can drive malignancy and tumor formation by generating inappropriate proliferation and survival signals (2). Antibodies specific for phospho-tyrosine (3,4) have been invaluable reagents in these studies. The phospho-tyrosine monoclonal antibodies developed by Cell Signaling Technology are exceptionally sensitive tools for studying tyrosine phosphorylation and monitoring tyrosine kinase activity in high throughput drug discovery.
- Weinberg, J.M. et al. (2001) Am J Pathol 158, 2153-64. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Nakamura, T. et al. (2002) FEBS Lett 521, 190-4. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Weiser, J.N. et al. (2001) Infect Immun 69, 5430-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9691 Nitro-Tyrosine Antibody
- 9381 Phospho-Threonine Antibody (P-Thr-Polyclonal)
- 9411 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100)
- 9414 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 9415 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 9417 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Biotinylated)
- 9419 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate)
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8102 SignalSlide® Phospho-EGF Receptor IHC Controls
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Use of Cell Signaling Technology (CST) Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patents No. 7,198,896 and 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at email@example.com.