Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb #9316
|9316L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9316S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9316P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9316||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||51||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of GSK-3α when phosphorylated at Ser21 and does not detect GSK-3β when phosphorylated at Ser9.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser21 of human GSK-3α.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7 cells, λ-phosphatase or PDGF-treated, using Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb (upper) or GSK-3α Antibody #9338 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma , untreated (left) or lambda phosphatase treated (right), using Phospho-GSK-3alpha (Ser 21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded LNCaP cells, untreated (left) or LY294002-treated (right), using Phospho-GSK-3alpha (Ser 21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Blocking Peptide #1027 (right).
Glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) was initially identified as an enzyme that regulates glycogen synthesis in response to insulin (1). GSK-3 is a ubiquitously expressed serine/threonine protein kinase that phosphorylates and inactivates glycogen synthase. GSK-3 is a critical downstream element of the PI3K/Akt cell survival pathway whose activity can be inhibited by Akt-mediated phosphorylation at Ser21 of GSK-3α and Ser9 of GSK-3β (2,3). GSK-3 has been implicated in the regulation of cell fate in Dictyostelium and is a component of the Wnt signaling pathway required for Drosophila, Xenopus, and mammalian development (4). GSK-3 has been shown to regulate cyclin D1 proteolysis and subcellular localization (5).
- Allard, D. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 19739-47. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4818 GSK-3α (D80D1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4337 GSK-3α (D80E6) Rabbit mAb
- 9338 GSK-3α Antibody
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 1027 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) Blocking Peptide
- 9327 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) (37F11) Rabbit mAb (GSK-3α Preferred)
- 9323 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (5B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 9632 Phospho-Tau (Ser396) (PHF13) Mouse mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 6312 SignalSilence® GSK-3α siRNA I
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.