Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bad (11E3) Rabbit mAb (IP Preferred) #9268
|9268S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9268||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||21-23||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bad (11E3) Rabbit mAb (IP Preferred) detects endogenous levels of total Bad protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala107 of Bad.
Western blot analysis of extracts from OVCAR8 (human), Neuro2A (mouse) and H4IIE (rat) cell lines using Bad (11E3) Rabbit mAb (IP Preferred).
Immunoprecipitation/western blot analysis of lysates from HeLa cells. Lane 1 contains lysate input (10%), lanes 2-4 were immunoprecipated with non-specific rabbit IgG, Bad (11E3) Rabbit mAb (IP Preferred) #9268, and Bad Antibody #9292, respectively. Western blot analysis was performed using Bad Antibody #9292.
Bad is a proapoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family that promotes cell death by displacing Bax from binding to Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (1,2). Survival factors, such as IL-3, inhibit the apoptotic activity of Bad by activating intracellular signaling pathways that result in the phosphorylation of Bad at Ser112 and Ser136 (2). Phosphorylation at these sites promotes binding of Bad to 14-3-3 proteins to prevent an association between Bad with Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (2). Akt phosphorylates Bad at Ser136 to promote cell survival (3,4). Bad is phosphorylated at Ser112 both in vivo and in vitro by p90RSK (5,6) and mitochondria-anchored PKA (7). Phosphorylation at Ser155 in the BH3 domain by PKA plays a critical role in blocking the dimerization of Bad and Bcl-xL (8-10).
- Yang, E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 285-291.
- Zha, J. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 619-628.
- Datta, S.R. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 231-241.
- Peso, L. et al. (1997) Science 278, 687-689.
- Bonni, A. et al. (1999) Science 286, 1358-1362.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 34859-34867.
- Harada, H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 3, 413-422.
- Tan, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25865-25869.
- Lizcano, J. et al. (2000) Biochem. J. 349, 547-557.
- Datta, S. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 41-51.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9292 Bad Antibody
- 9293 Bad Control Proteins
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7182 PathScan® Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7162 PathScan® Total Bad Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 5284 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (40A9) Rabbit mAb
- 9291 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Antibody
- 5286 Phospho-Bad (Ser136) (185D10) Rabbit mAb
- 4366 Phospho-Bad (Ser136) (D25H8) Rabbit mAb
- 9295 Phospho-Bad (Ser136) Antibody
- 9297 Phospho-Bad (Ser155) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.