Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MKK3b Antibody #9238
|9238S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9238||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
MKK3b Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MKK3b protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MEK1, MEK2, MKK4 or MKK6.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the N-terminal sequence of human MKK3. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatogrpahy.
MKK3 and MKK6 are two closely related dual-specificity protein kinases that activate p38 MAP kinase (1-5). MKK3 and MKK6 both phosphorylate and activate p38 MAP kinase at its activation site, Thr-Gly-Tyr, but do not phosphorylate or activate Erk1/2 or SAPK/JNK. Phosphorylation of p38 MAP kinase dramatically stimulates its ability to phosphorylate protein substrates such as ATF-2 and Elk-1. MKK3 and MKK6 are both activated by different forms of cellular stress and inflammatory cytokines (4,5). Activation of MKK3 and MKK6 occurs through phosphorylation at Ser189 and Thr222 on MKK3 (2) and Ser207 and Thr211 on MKK6 (4,5).
Three alternatively spliced transcript variants of MKK3 encoding distinct isoforms have been reported. Isoform B utilizes a different start codon compared to isoform C resulting in the production of a N-terminal segment of isoform B which is shorter and distinct from isoform C . MKK3b is the predominant form of MKK3 and strongly activates p38 MAP kinase (6)
- Derijard, B. et al. (1995) Science 267, 682-685.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 7420-7426.
- Sluss, H.K. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 8376-8384.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16(3), 1247-1255.
- Han, J. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 2886-2891.
- Han, J. et al. (1997) FEBS Letters 403(1) , 19-22.
- Ngai, S. et al. (2010) FEBS J 277, 119-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9233 MKK3/MKK6 Control Cell Extracts
- 9264 MKK6 Antibody
- 9236 Phospho-MKK3 (Ser189)/MKK6 (Ser207) (22A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9231 Phospho-MKK3 (Ser189)/MKK6 (Ser207) Antibody
- 9230 PhosphoPlus® MKK3/MKK6 (Ser189/207) Antibody Kit
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.