Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (1B6) Mouse mAb #9196
|9196L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9196S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9196||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||43||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (1B6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of CREB only when phosphorylated at serine 133. This antibody also detects the phosphorylated form of the CREB-related protein, ATF-1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser133 of human CREB.
CREB is a bZIP transcription factor that activates target genes through cAMP response elements. CREB is able to mediate signals from numerous physiological stimuli, resulting in regulation of a broad array of cellular responses. While CREB is expressed in numerous tissues, it plays a large regulatory role in the nervous system. CREB is believed to play a key role in promoting neuronal survival, precursor proliferation, neurite outgrowth, and neuronal differentiation in certain neuronal populations (1-3). Additionally, CREB signaling is involved in learning and memory in several organisms (4-6). CREB is able to selectively activate numerous downstream genes through interactions with different dimerization partners. CREB is activated by phosphorylation at Ser133 by various signaling pathways including Erk, Ca2+, and stress signaling. Some of the kinases involved in phosphorylating CREB at Ser133 are p90RSK, MSK, CaMKIV, and MAPKAPK-2 (7-9).
- Lonze, B.E. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 371-85.
- Lee, M.M. et al. (1999) J Neurosci Res 55, 702-12.
- Redmond, L. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 999-1010.
- Dash, P.K. et al. (1990) Nature 345, 718-21.
- Yin, J.C. et al. (1994) Cell 79, 49-58.
- Guzowski, J.F. and McGaugh, J.L. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 2693-8.
- Xing, J. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 1946-55.
- Ribar, T.J. et al. (2000) J Neurosci 20, RC107.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 4629-42.
- Dalle, S. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 20345-20355. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9197 CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb
- 9104 CREB (86B10) Mouse mAb
- 9193 CREB Control Cell Extracts
- 9198 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb
- 9187 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 1090 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) Blocking Peptide
- 9190 PhosphoPlus® CREB (Ser133) Antibody Kit
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.