Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
SEK1/MKK4 Antibody #9152
|9152S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9152||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||44||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SEK1/MKK4 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SEK1/MKK4 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MEK1, MEK2 or MKK3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the N-terminus of human SEK1/MKK4. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
SAPK/Erk kinase (SEK1), also known as MKK4 or Jun kinase kinase (JNKK), activates the MAP kinase homologues SAPK and JNK in response to various cellular stresses and inflamatory cytokines (1-3). Activation of SEK1 occurs through MEKK phosphorylation of serine and threonine residues at positions 257 and 261, respectively. Like MEK, SEK is a dual-specificity protein kinase that phosphorylates SAPK/JNK at a conserved T*PY* site in its activation loop (4). Phosphorylation by Akt at Ser80 inhibits SEK1 and suppresses stress-activated signal transduction (5).
- Zapata, H.J. et al. (2007) J Virol 81, 977-90. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ngai, S. et al. (2010) FEBS J 277, 119-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4514 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser257) (C36C11) Rabbit mAb
- 9156 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser257/Thr261) Antibody
- 9155 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Ser80) Antibody
- 9151 Phospho-SEK1/MKK4 (Thr261) Antibody
- 3346 SEK1 (5C10) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.