Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat3 Control Cell Extracts #9133
|9133S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
Nonphosphorylated Stat3 Cell Extracts: Total cell extracts from serum-starved HeLa cells prepared without treatment, serve as a negative control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer. Store at -20ºC.
Phosphorylated Stat3 Cell Extracts: Total cell extracts from serum-starved HeLa cells prepared with 100 ng/ml interferon-alpha 5 minute IFN-alpha treatment, serve as a positive control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer. Store at -20ºC.
CST recommends using 10 µl of phosphorylated and nonphosphorylated Stat3 extracts as controls.
The Stat3 transcription factor is an important signaling molecule for many cytokines and growth factor receptors (1) and is required for murine fetal development (2). Research studies have shown that Stat3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors (3,4) and possesses oncogenic potential (5) and anti-apoptotic activities (3). Stat3 is activated by phosphorylation at Tyr705, which induces dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (6,7). Transcriptional activation seems to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser727 through the MAPK or mTOR pathways (8,9). Stat3 isoform expression appears to reflect biological function as the relative expression levels of Stat3α (86 kDa) and Stat3β (79 kDa) depend on cell type, ligand exposure, or cell maturation stage (10). It is notable that Stat3β lacks the serine phosphorylation site within the carboxy-terminal transcriptional activation domain (8).
- Heim, M.H. (2001) J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19, 75-120.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 3801-4.
- Catlett-Falcone, R. et al. (1999) Immunity 10, 105-15.
- Garcia, R. and Jove, R. (1998) J Biomed Sci 5, 79-85.
- Bromberg, J.F. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 295-303.
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-21.
- Ihle, J.N. (1995) Nature 377, 591-4.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-50.
- Yokogami, K. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 47-50.
- Biethahn, S. et al. (1999) Exp Hematol 27, 885-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9138 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (3E2) Mouse mAb
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9131 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9139 Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb
- 4904 Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.