Product Pathways - DNA Damage
SMC1 Antibody #4802
|4802S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4802||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Chicken, Xenopus, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SMC1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SMC1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptides corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human SMC1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Structural maintenance of chromosomes 1 (SMC1) protein is a chromosomal protein member of the cohesin complex that enables sister chromatid cohesion and plays a role in DNA repair (1,2). ATM/NBS1-dependent phosphorylation of SMC1 occurs at Ser957 and Ser966 in response to ionizing radiation (IR) as part of the intra-S-phase DNA damage checkpoint (3). SMC1 phosphorylation is ATM-independent in cells subjected to other forms of DNA damage, including UV light and hydroxyurea treatment (4). While phosphorylation of SMC1 is required for activation of the IR-induced intra-S-phase checkpoint, the precise mechanism is not well understood and may involve a conformational change that affects SMC1-SMC3 interaction (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2851 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate Antibody
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 2577 Phospho-Histone H2A.X (Ser139) Antibody
- 4029 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser360) Antibody
- 4805 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) (5D11G5) Mouse mAb
- 4801 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.