Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) #4552
|4552S||100 µl (50 tests)||---||In Stock||---|
|4552||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|F||1:50||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, S. cerevisiae||Endogenous||40||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot using the unconjugated antibody.
Applications Key: F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Zebrafish.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of p38 MAP kinase only when dually phosphorylated at Thr180 and Tyr182. This antibody does not appreciably cross-react with the corresponding phosphorylated forms of either p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) or SAPK/JNK.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr180/Tyr182 of human p38 MAP kinase. This antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions with an F/P ratio of 2-6. The Alexa Fluor® 647 dye is maximally excited by red light (e.g. 633 nm He-Ne laser). Antibody conjugates of the Alexa Fluor® 647 dye produce bright far-red-fluorescence emission, with a peak at 665 nm.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorescent dye and tested in-house for direct flow cytometric analysis of human and mouse cells. The unconjugated antibody #9216 reacts with human, mouse, rat, D. melanogaster, monkey, S.cerevisiae and zebra fish phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182). CST expects that Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate) will also recognize phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) in these species.
p38 MAP kinase (MAPK), also called RK (1) or CSBP (2), is the mammalian orthologue of the yeast HOG kinase that participates in a signaling cascade controlling cellular responses to cytokines and stress (1-4). Four isoforms of p38 MAPK, p38α, β, γ (also known as Erk6 or SAPK3), and δ (also known as SAPK4) have been identified. Similar to the SAPK/JNK pathway, p38 MAPK is activated by a variety of cellular stresses including osmotic shock, inflammatory cytokines, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), UV light, and growth factors (1-5). MKK3, MKK6, and SEK activate p38 MAPK by phosphorylation at Thr180 and Tyr182. Activated p38 MAPK has been shown to phosphorylate and activate MAPKAP kinase 2 (3) and to phosphorylate the transcription factors ATF-2 (5), Max (6), and MEF2 (5-8).
SB203580 (4-(4-fluorophenyl)-2-(4-methylsulfinylphenyl)-5-(4-pyridyl)-imidazole) is a selective inhibitor of p38 MAPK. This compound inhibits the activation of MAPKAPK-2 by p38 MAPK and subsequent phosphorylation of HSP27 (9). SB203580 inhibits p38 MAPK catalytic activity by binding to the ATP-binding pocket, but does not inhibit phosphorylation of p38 MAPK by upstream kinases (10).
- Rouse, J. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1027-1037.
- Han, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 808-811.
- Lee, J.C. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 739-746.
- Freshney, N.W. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1039-1049.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 7420-7426.
- Zervos, A.S. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92, 10531-10534.
- Zhao, M. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 21-30.
- Yang, S.H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 4028-4038.
- Cuenda, A. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett 364, 229-33.
- Kumar, S. et al. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263, 825-31.
- Kalland, M.E. et al. (2011) J Immunol 187, 5233-45. Applications: Flow Cytometry.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4631 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb
- 9216 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb
- 4551 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 9215 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 4511 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9211 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody
- 9210 PhosphoPlus® p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody Kit
- 2985 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 9212 p38 MAPK Antibody
- 9217 p38α MAPK (5F11) Mouse mAb
- 2371 p38α MAPK (7D6) Rabbit mAb
- 9228 p38α MAPK (L53F8) Mouse mAb
- 9218 p38α MAPK Antibody
- 2339 p38β MAPK (C28C2) Rabbit mAb
- 2307 p38γ MAPK Antibody
- 2308 p38δ MAPK (10A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9214 p38δ MAPK Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
The Alexa Fluor® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Life Technologies Corporation for research use only, except for use in combination with DNA microarrays. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430 dye) are covered by pending and issued patents. Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.