Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-SRF (Ser103) Antibody #4261
|4261S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4261||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||67||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-SRF (Ser103) Antibody detects endogenous levels of SRF only when phosphorylated at serine 103. This antibody cross-reacts with a non-specific protein of approximately 52 kDa.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around serine 103 of human SRF. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The serum response factor (SRF) is a 67 kDa phospho-protein that, together with auxiliary factors, modulates transcription of immediate early genes containing serum response elements at their promoters (1,2). SRF contains several phosphorylation sites (3), but functional consequences of phosphorylation have not been identified unequivocally. Several growth factor- and calcium-regulated kinases, such as p90RSK and CaM kinase IV, can phosphorylate SRF at Ser103 (4,5), and Ser103 of SRF is also a nuclear target for MAPKAP kinase 2 (6).
- Treisman, R. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 4905-4913.
- Janknecht, R. et al. (1995) Carcinogenesis 16, 443-450.
- Marais, R. M. et al. (1992) EMBO J. 11, 97-105.
- Rivera, V. M. et al. (1993) Mol. Cell. Biol. 13, 6260-6273.
- Miranti, C. K. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 3672-3684.
- Heidenreich, O. et al. (1999) JBC 274, 14434-14443.
- Xifró, X. et al. (2011) Mol Neurodegener 6, 74. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4032 CaMKIV Antibody
- 3042 MAPKAPK-2 Antibody
- 3041 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) Antibody
- 9341 Phospho-p90RSK (Ser380) Antibody
- 9344 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr359/Ser363) Antibody
- 9346 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr573) Antibody
- 9347 RSK1/RSK2/RSK3 Antibody
- 5147 SRF (D71A9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.