Product Pathways - Metabolism
Glycogen Synthase Antibody #3893
|3893S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3893||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||84||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Glycogen Synthase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total muscle glycogen synthase protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human glycogen synthase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3, C6 and 293 cells, using Glycogen Synthase Antibody.
Glycogen synthase (GS) is a key enzyme in the regulation of glycogen synthesis. There are two main isoforms of mammalian GS: the muscle and the liver isoform (1-2). Muscle GS is expressed in several tissues, and liver GS appears to be tissue specific (3). GS is regulated by multi-site phosphorylation and by the binding of allosteric ligands. Phosphorylation leads to inactivation of GS, but activity is restored by the binding of the allosteric activator glucose-6-phosphate, which induces its dephosphorylation and activation (4).
- Fuchs, G. et al. (2011) J Mol Biol 410, 118-30. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9338 GSK-3α Antibody
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 5090 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (27E5) Mouse mAb
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 9331 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 3891 Phospho-Glycogen Synthase (Ser641) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 6312 SignalSilence® GSK-3α siRNA I
- 6301 SignalSilence® GSK-3α/β siRNA
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.