Product Pathways - Metabolism
Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb #3886
|3886S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3886||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||84||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total muscle and liver glycogen synthase protein.
Source / Purification
Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human glycogen synthase.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines, using Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb.
Glycogen synthase (GS) is a key enzyme in the regulation of glycogen synthesis. There are two main isoforms of mammalian GS: the muscle and the liver isoform (1-2). Muscle GS is expressed in several tissues, and liver GS appears to be tissue specific (3). GS is regulated by multi-site phosphorylation and by the binding of allosteric ligands. Phosphorylation leads to inactivation of GS, but activity is restored by the binding of the allosteric activator glucose-6-phosphate, which induces its dephosphorylation and activation (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9338 GSK-3α Antibody
- 3893 Glycogen Synthase Antibody
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 5090 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (27E5) Mouse mAb
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 9331 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody
- 9336 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody
- 3891 Phospho-Glycogen Synthase (Ser641) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.