Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Phospho-eEF2k (Ser366) Antibody #3691
|3691S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3691P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3691||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||105||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-eEF2k (Ser366) Antibody detects endogenous levels of eEF2k only when phosphorylated at Ser366.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser366 of human eEF2k. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SW-13 cells (starved for 18 hours) treated with calf intestinal alkaline phosphatase (CIP) or 20% fetal bovine serum for 30 minutes, and extracts from HeLa cells (starved for 18 hours) treated with 200 nM TPA for 30 minutes, using Phospho-eEF2k (Ser366) Antibody (upper) or eEF2k Antibody #3692 (lower).
Eukaryotic elongation factor 2 kinase (eEF2k) phosphorylates and inactivates eEF2, resulting in the inhibition of peptide-chain elongation (1). eEF2k is normally dependent on Ca2+ ions and calmodulin (2,3). It can be activated by PKA in response to elevated cAMP levels (4-6), which are generally increased in stress- or starvation-related conditions. eEF2k can also be regulated in response to a wide range of stimuli that promote cell growth and protein synthesis. This involves the phosphorylation of eEF2k by p90RSK and p70 S6 kinase at Ser366 or by SAPK4/p38delta at Ser359, leading to the inactivation of eEF2k (7,8), which facilitates the dephosphorylation of eEF2, and thus promotes translation.
- Ryazanov, A.G. et al. (1997) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 94, 4884-4889.
- Nairn, A.C. et al. (1985) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 82, 7839-7943.
- Palfrey, H.C. et al. (1987) J. Biol. Chem. 262, 9785-9792.
- Redpath, N.T. et al. (1993) Biochem. J. 293, 31-34.
- Diggle, T.A. et al. (1998) Biochem. J. 336, 525-529.
- Hovland, R. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett. 444, 97-101.
- Wang, X. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 4370-4379.
- Knebel, A. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 4360-4369.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2331 Phospho-eEF2 (Thr56) Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 2332 eEF2 Antibody
- 3692 eEF2k Antibody
- 2308 p38δ MAPK (10A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9202 p70 S6 Kinase Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.