Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Aurora A/AIK Antibody #3092
|3092S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3092||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Aurora A/AIK Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Aurora A/AIK protein. The antibody may cross-react with AIK3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of human Aurora A/AIK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, HepG2 and COS cells, using Aurora A/AIK Antibody.
Aurora A (AIK) is a cell cycle-regulated Ser/Thr protein kinase that is overexpressed in many tumor cell lines (1-3). Phosphorylation of Aurora A at Thr288 within the kinase activation loop results in a significant increase in its activity and may target the protein for proteasomal degradation during mitosis (4). The closely-related kinase Aurora B (AIM1) has been implicated in multiple mitotic events (5), and siRNA silencing of Aurora B expression results in reduced histone H3 phosphorylation, aberrant chromosome alignment/segregation, and altered survivin localization (6).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 4718 Aurora A/AIK (1G4) Rabbit mAb
- 3094 Aurora B/AIM1 Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3079 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288) (C39D8) Rabbit mAb
- 2914 Phospho-Aurora A (Thr288)/Aurora B (Thr232)/Aurora C (Thr198) (D13A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.