Product Pathways - DNA Damage
ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb #2873
|2873S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2873T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2873||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total ATM protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human ATM.
Ataxia telangiectasia mutated kinase (ATM) is a serine/threonine kinase that regulates cell cycle checkpoints and DNA repair (1). Activation of ATM by autophosphorylation on Ser1981 occurs in response to exposed DNA double stranded breaks. ATM kinase regulates a number of proteins involved in cell cycle checkpoint control, apoptosis, and DNA repair. Known substrates include p53, Chk2, Chk1, CtIP, 4E-BP1, BRCA1, RPA3, H2A.X, SMC1, FANCD2, Rad17, Artemis, Nbs1, and the I-2 regulatory subunit of PP1 (1,2). Mutations in the corresponding ATM gene result in ataxia telangiectasia (AT), an autosomal recessive disease characterized by uncoordinated muscle movement and neurodegeneration. Cells from AT patients display defective DNA damage-induced checkpoint activation, sensitivity to radiation, and a higher frequency of chromosome breakage (3,4).
- Zhu, H. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e12055. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hawkes, W.C. et al. (2012) J Cell Biochem 113, 61-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2790 ATR Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2909 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate (4F7) Rabbit mAb
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 13050 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (D25E5) Rabbit mAb
- 5883 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (D6H9) Rabbit mAb
- 2853 Phospho-ATR (Ser428) Antibody
- 2661 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.