Overview : XP® Monoclonal AntibodiesProduct information
One antibody, multiple applications™
XP® monoclonal antibodies are high quality rabbit monoclonal antibodies exclusively available from Cell Signaling Technology (CST). XP monoclonal antibodies are generated using XMT®technology, a proprietary rabbit monoclonal method developed at CST. This technology provides access to a broad range of antibodies unattainable with traditional monoclonal technologies, allowing more comprehensive screening in the most relevant applications. Products labeled with XP have met additional standards for exceptional performance, including high specificity and sensitivity in one or more key applications and utility for multiple applications.
- eXceptional Specificity
Case Study 1: Specificity - As with all CST antibodies, the antibody is specific to your target of interest, saving you valuable time and resources. >> Read more
- eXceptional Sensitivity
Case Study 2: Sensitivity - The antibody will provide a stronger signal for your target protein in cells and tissues, allowing you to monitor expression of low levels of endogenous proteins, saving you valuable materials. >> Read more
- eXceptional Stability and Reproducibility
Case Study 3: Reproducibility - XMT technology combined with our stringent quality control ensures maximum lot-to-lot consistency and the most reproducible results. >> Read more
- eXceptional Performance
Case Study 4: Overall Performance - XMT technology coupled with our extensive antibody validation and stringent quality control delivers XP monoclonal antibodies with eXceptional Performance in the widest range of research applications. >> Read more
Example: PI3K/Akt Signaling
What does Antibody Validation Mean at Cell Signaling Technology?
Scientists at Cell Signaling Technology follow a stringent Validation Protocol, using a combination of several approaches and applications, to provide you with the highest quality and most thoroughly tested antibodies. This ensures credible and reproducible results with the least expenditure of your costly time, samples, and reagents.
Cell Signaling Technology Antibody Validation
Testing in a number of applications allows you to choose the antibody that works best in your intended application.
Verifying Specificity And Reproducibility ensures that the antibody performs consistently in all applications specified.
- Analysis of a large panel of cell lines with known target expression levels confirms target specificity
Treatment of cells with appropriate kinase-specific activators and/or inhibitors verifies specificity
- Phosphatase treatment to verifies phospho-specificity
- Correct subcellular localization or treatment-induced translocation verifies target specificity
- Comparison of antibody to isotype control ensures acceptable signal-to-noise ratio
- Target-specific signal verified in transfected cells, knockout cells, or siRNA-treated cells
- Blocking with antigen peptide confirms elimination of specific signal
- Side-by-side comparison of a new lot with previous lots ensures lot-to-lot consistency
Identifying Optimal Conditions saves your precious time, samples and reagents.
- Optimal dilutions and buffers predetermined
- Positive and negative control cell extracts specified
- Detailed protocols already optimized
No supporting documents available
This product has no supporting documents available for download. If you feel like supporting documents should be available for this product, please contact us.