|1.50 mg||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
|9901S||1.5 mg||---||In Stock||---|
- Molecular Formula:
Directions For Use
For 10 mM stock, reconstitute 1.5 mg in 488 µl DMSO. For 50 mM stock, reconstitute 1.5 mg in 98 µl DMSO. Store aliquots at -20ºC.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PDGF, wortmannin and LY294002 treated NIH/3T3 cells, using Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody #9271 (A), Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody #9275 (B) or Akt Antibody #9272 (C). D is an analysis of Akt activity in PDGF, wortmannin and LY294002 treated NIH/3T3 cells, using Akt Kinase Assay Kit #9840.
LY294002 was shown to act in vivo as a highly selective inhibitor of phosphatidylinositol 3 (PI3) kinase. When used at a concentration of 50 μM, it specifically abolished PI3 kinase activity (IC50=0.43 μg/ml; 1.40 μM) but did not inhibit other lipid and protein kinases such as PI4 kinase, PKC, MAP kinase or c-Src (1). LY294002 is soluble in DMSO or ethanol. For use with in vitro or cell-based assays, it may be diluted into aqueous buffers to yield the desired concentrations. For experiments with cultured cells, CST recommends treating the cells with LY294002 for one hour prior to, and for the duration of, the stimulation. LY294002 has been shown to block PI3 kinase-dependent Akt phosphorylation and kinase activity.
- Qiang, Y.W. et al. (2004) Blood 103, 301-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hartmann, W. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 4538-45. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin), Western Blotting.
- Zhang, R. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e23831. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gunda, V. et al. (2014) Cell Death Dis 5, e1104. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 12611 DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide), Sterile
- 9559 PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9552 PTEN Antibody
- 9271 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) Antibody
- 2965 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) (C31E5E) Rabbit mAb
- 9275 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.