Histone H3 AntibodyProduct information
Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Histone H3 Antibody #9715
|9715L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9715S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9715||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Zebrafish, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||17||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: D. melanogaster.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Histone H3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total histone H3 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other histones.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminal sequence of human histone H3. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Modulation of chromatin structure plays an important role in the regulation of transcription in eukaryotes. The nucleosome, made up of DNA wound around eight core histone proteins (two each of H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin (1). The amino-terminal tails of core histones undergo various post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (2-5). These modifications occur in response to various stimuli and have a direct effect on the accessibility of chromatin to transcription factors and, therefore, gene expression (6). In most species, histone H2B is primarily acetylated at Lys5, 12, 15, and 20 (4,7). Histone H3 is primarily acetylated at Lys9, 14, 18, 23, 27, and 56. Acetylation of H3 at Lys9 appears to have a dominant role in histone deposition and chromatin assembly in some organisms (2,3). Phosphorylation at Ser10, Ser28, and Thr11 of histone H3 is tightly correlated with chromosome condensation during both mitosis and meiosis (8-10). Phosphorylation at Thr3 of histone H3 is highly conserved among many species and is catalyzed by the kinase haspin. Immunostaining with phospho-specific antibodies in mammalian cells reveals mitotic phosphorylation at Thr3 of H3 in prophase and its dephosphorylation during anaphase (11).
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Hansen, J.C. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 17637-41.
- Strahl, B.D. and Allis, C.D. (2000) Nature 403, 41-5.
- Cheung, P. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 263-71.
- Bernstein, B.E. and Schreiber, S.L. (2002) Chem Biol 9, 1167-73.
- Jaskelioff, M. and Peterson, C.L. (2003) Nat Cell Biol 5, 395-9.
- Thorne, A.W. et al. (1990) Eur J Biochem 193, 701-13.
- Hendzel, M.J. et al. (1997) Chromosoma 106, 348-60.
- Goto, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25543-9.
- Preuss, U. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 878-85.
- Dai, J. et al. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 472-88.
- Hoover, L.L. et al. (2008) Biochim Biophys Acta 1783, 2279-86.
- Zhang, Z. et al. (2011) Nat Med 17, 1448-55. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Mandal, M. et al. (2011) Nat Immunol 12, 1212-20. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Cheung, C.H. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e23485. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Rajendrasozhan, S. et al. (2010) Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 298, L197-209. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Rudra, D. et al. (2012) Nat Immunol 13, 1010-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Shimada, M. et al. (2010) EMBO Rep 11, 883-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Kishida, S. et al. (2013) Cancer Res 73, 1318-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Sulahian, R. et al. (2013) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9711 Acetyl- and Phospho-Histone H3 (Lys9/Ser10) Antibody
- 9933 Acetyl-Histone Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7627 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys14) (D4B9) Rabbit mAb
- 13998 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) (D8Z5H) Rabbit mAb
- 9675 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) Antibody
- 14932 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys23) (D6Y7M) Rabbit mAb
- 8173 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) (D5E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4353 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) Antibody
- 27683 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys36) (D9T5Q) Rabbit mAb
- 4243 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys56) Antibody
- 9649 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (C5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 9677 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9/Lys14) Antibody
- 9927 Acetyl-Histone H3 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9681 Acetylated-Lysine Mouse mAb (Ac-K-103)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 12576 Cleaved Histone H3 (Thr22) (D7J2K) Rabbit mAb
- 9728 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) (D18C8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2901 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys36) (C75H12) Rabbit mAb
- 9725 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C64G9) Rabbit mAb
- 5427 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys79) (D15E8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4658 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D85B4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9753 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4620 Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 9707 Methyl-Histone H3 (Arg2) Antibody
- 14111 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys36) (D9J1D) Rabbit mAb
- 5326 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (D1A9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9723 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) Antibody
- 12522 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys79) (D5X1S) Rabbit mAb
- 9398 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys79) Antibody
- 14186 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D1P5R) Rabbit mAb
- 4473 Pan-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D54) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9706 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (6G3) Mouse mAb
- 3377 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 53348 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D7N8E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9701 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Antibody
- 9713 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser28) Antibody
- 9767 Phospho-Histone H3 (Thr11) (C2A6) Rabbit mAb
- 9764 Phospho-Histone H3 (Thr11) Antibody
- 13576 Phospho-Histone H3 (Thr3) (D5G1I) Rabbit mAb
- 9714 Phospho-Histone H3 (Thr3) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 13939 Symmetric Di-Methyl Histone H3 (Arg8) (E1W5H) Rabbit mAb
- 9733 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) (C36B11) Rabbit mAb
- 4909 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys36) (D5A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9763 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys36) Antibody
- 9751 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C42D8) Rabbit mAb
- 9727 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) Antibody
- 4260 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys79) Antibody
- 13969 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D4W1U) Rabbit mAb
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.