Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate AntibodyProduct information
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody #9621
|9621L||300 µl||---||In Stock||---|
|9621S||100 µl||---||In Stock||---|
|9621||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||All Species Expected||Endogenous||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), E-P=Peptide ELISA (DELFIA)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody detects peptides and proteins containing a phospho-serine/threonine residue with arginine at the -3 position. It is a useful tool in identifying substrates of AGC family kinases, including PKA and PKC. It does not cross-react with the nonphosphorylated PKA substrate motif. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phospho-PKA substrate peptide. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A431 cells, untreated or calyculin A-treated, using Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A431 cells, phosphorylated in vitro by protein kinase A, Erk2 or cdc2/cyclin A, plus or minus PKA inhibitor (PKI), using Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma control (left) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right), using Phsopho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody.
Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody ELISA Assay: Signal-to-noise ratio of phospho- versus nonphospho-peptides. (T* and S* denote phosphorylated threonine and serine.)
An important class of kinases, refered to as Arg-directed kinases or AGC-family kinases, includes cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA), cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PKG), protein kinase C, Akt and RSK. These kinases share a substrate specificity characterized by Arg at position -3 relative to the phosphorylated Ser or Thr (1,2). Phospho-PKA substrate-specific antibodies from Cell Signaling Technology are powerful tools for investigating the regulation of phosphorylation by PKA and other Arg-directed kinases, as well as for high throughput kinase drug discovery.
- Lei, H. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 9364-71. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Marcinkiewicz, A. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 11901-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Su, Y.H. and Vacquier, V.D. (2006) Mol Biol Cell 17, 114-21. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Miyoshi, H. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 15837-44. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Smith, J.A. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 1027-34. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Wada, S. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 94-103. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hatakeyama, M. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 5023-31. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Schmitt, J.M. and Stork, P.J. (2002) Mol Cell 9, 85-94. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Grønborg, M. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Proteomics 1, 517-27. Applications: IP, Western Blotting.
- Bruce, J.I. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 1340-8. Applications: IP, Western Blotting.
- Schmitt, A. and Nebreda, A.R. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99, 4361-6. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9601 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9920 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9631 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Phe Antibody
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9386 Phospho-Threonine (42H4) Mouse mAb
- 9391 Phospho-Threonine-Proline Mouse mAb (P-Thr-Pro-101)
- 2351 Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 6406 SignalSilence® PKA C-α siRNA I
- 6574 SignalSilence® PKA C-α siRNA II
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Use of Cell Signaling Technology (CST) Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patents No. 7,198,896 and 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.