PTEN AntibodyProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||
Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
PTEN Antibody #9552
|9552S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9552||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey||Endogenous||54||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PTEN Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PTEN protein. The antibody does not cross-react with related proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of human PTEN. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-) or SignalSilence® PTEN siRNA I (+), using PTEN Antibody #9552 and p42 MAPK (Erk2) Antibody #9108. PTEN Antibody confirms silencing of PTEN expression, while the p42 MAPK (Erk2) Antibody is used to control for loading and specificity of PTEN siRNA.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-) or SignalSilence® PTEN siRNA II (+), using PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb and β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb #4970. PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of PTEN expression, while the β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of PTEN siRNA
PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome ten), also referred to as MMAC (mutated in multiple advanced cancers) phosphatase, is a tumor suppressor implicated in a wide variety of human cancers (1). PTEN encodes a 403 amino acid polypeptide originally described as a dual-specificity protein phosphatase (2). The main substrates of PTEN are inositol phospholipids generated by the activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) (3). PTEN is a major negative regulator of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway (1,4,5). PTEN possesses a carboxy-terminal, noncatalytic regulatory domain with three phosphorylation sites (Ser380, Thr382, and Thr383) that regulate PTEN stability and may affect its biological activity (6,7). PTEN regulates p53 protein levels and activity (8) and is involved in G protein-coupled signaling during chemotaxis (9,10).
- Cantley, L.C. and Neel, B.G. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 4240-5.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94, 9052-7.
- Myers, M.P. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 13513-8.
- Wan, X. and Helman, L.J. (2003) Oncogene 22, 8205-11.
- Wu, X. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 15587-91.
- Vazquez, F. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 5010-8.
- Torres, J. and Pulido, R. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 993-8.
- Freeman, D.J. et al. (2003) Cancer Cell 3, 117-30.
- Funamoto, S. et al. (2002) Cell 109, 611-23.
- Iijima, M. and Devreotes, P. (2002) Cell 109, 599-610.
- Wen, S. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98, 4622-7. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Freeman, D. J. et al. (2003) . Cancer Cell 3, 117-130. Applications: IP, Western Blotting.
- Vaidya, K.S. et al. (2009) Cancer Lett 281, 100-7. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Sawitzky, M. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e39711. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9901 LY294002
- 7960 Non-phospho PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/Thr383) (D2D11) Rabbit mAb
- 9559 PTEN (138G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9556 PTEN (26H9) Mouse mAb
- 9188 PTEN (D4.3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9551 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380) Antibody
- 9549 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/383) (44A7) Rabbit mAb
- 9554 Phospho-PTEN (Ser380/Thr382/383) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.