Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) AntibodyProduct information
Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody #9459
|9459L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9459S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9459||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||15 to 20||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody detects endogenous levels of 4E-BP1 only when phosphorylated at Thr37 and/or Thr46. This antibody may cross-react with 4E-BP2 and 4E-BP3 when phosphorylated at equivalent sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr37 of mouse 4E-BP1 and Thr46 of mouse 4E-BP1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells using 4E-BP1 Antibody #9452 (upper) and Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody (lower). The cells were starved for 24 hours in serum-free medium and underwent a 1 hour amino acid deprivation. Amino acids were replenished for 1 hour. Cells were then either untreated (-) or treated with 100 nM insulin (+) for 30 minutes.
Translation repressor protein 4E-BP1 (also known as PHAS-1) inhibits cap-dependent translation by binding to the translation initiation factor eIF4E. Hyperphosphorylation of 4E-BP1 disrupts this interaction and results in activation of cap-dependent translation (1). Both the PI3 kinase/Akt pathway and FRAP/mTOR kinase regulate 4E-BP1 activity (2,3). Multiple 4E-BP1 residues are phosphorylated in vivo (4). While phosphorylation by FRAP/mTOR at Thr37 and Thr46 does not prevent the binding of 4E-BP1 to eIF4E, it is thought to prime 4E-BP1 for subsequent phosphorylation at Ser65 and Thr70 (5).
- Jiang, Y. P. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 10943-10951. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Kwiatkowski, D. J. et al. (2002) Hum. Mol. Genet. 11, 525-534. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Yu, K. et al. (2001) Endocr. Relat. Cancer 8, 249-258. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ma, D. et al. (2009) J Cell Physiol 219, 31-44. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ohne, Y. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 31861-70. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9955 4E-BP Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 7216 PathScan® Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/Thr46) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 9456 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) (174A9) Rabbit mAb
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 2855 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb
- 1052 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Blocking Peptide
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.