Phospho-Bad (Ser112) AntibodyProduct information
Product Pathways - Flow Cytometry
Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Antibody #9291
|9291L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9291S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9291T||20 µl (2 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9291||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||23||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, F=Flow Cytometry, E-P=Peptide ELISA (DELFIA)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Bad only when phosphorylated at Ser112. The Ser112 nomenclature is based upon the mouse sequence. The analogous phosphorylation site is Ser75 in human and Ser113 in rat. This antibody does not detect Bad phosphorylated at other sites, nor does it detect related family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser112 of mouse Bad. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells transfected with Wild-type Bad, Bad (Ser112A), Bad (S136A), Bad (S112A/S136A) and treated with TPA or forskolin, using Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Antibody (upper) or Bad Antibody #9292 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untreated or TPA-treated, using Bad Antibody #9292 (right) or Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Antibody (left).
Western blot analysis of Bad fusion protein phosphorylated by CKII or PKA in vitro, using Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Antibody (upper) or Bad Antibody #9292 (lower).
Bad is a proapoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family that promotes cell death by displacing Bax from binding to Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (1,2). Survival factors, such as IL-3, inhibit the apoptotic activity of Bad by activating intracellular signaling pathways that result in the phosphorylation of Bad at Ser112 and Ser136 (2). Phosphorylation at these sites promotes binding of Bad to 14-3-3 proteins to prevent an association between Bad with Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (2). Akt phosphorylates Bad at Ser136 to promote cell survival (3,4). Bad is phosphorylated at Ser112 both in vivo and in vitro by p90RSK (5,6) and mitochondria-anchored PKA (7). Phosphorylation at Ser155 in the BH3 domain by PKA plays a critical role in blocking the dimerization of Bad and Bcl-xL (8-10).
- Yang, E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 285-291.
- Zha, J. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 619-628.
- Datta, S.R. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 231-241.
- Peso, L. et al. (1997) Science 278, 687-689.
- Bonni, A. et al. (1999) Science 286, 1358-1362.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 34859-34867.
- Harada, H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 3, 413-422.
- Tan, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25865-25869.
- Lizcano, J. et al. (2000) Biochem. J. 349, 547-557.
- Datta, S. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 41-51.
- Jamieson, C.A. and Yamamoto, K.R. (2000) . Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 7319-7324. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1999) . J. Biol. Chem. 274, 34859-34867. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Bertolotto, C. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275 (47), 37246-37250. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gray, M.J. et al. (2008) J Natl Cancer Inst 100, 109-20. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Fujita, H. et al. (2005) Biochem Pharmacol 69, 1773-84. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gómez-Abad, C. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 5517-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9268 Bad (11E3) Rabbit mAb (IP Preferred)
- 9239 Bad (D24A9) Rabbit mAb
- 9292 Bad Antibody
- 9293 Bad Control Proteins
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 5284 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (40A9) Rabbit mAb
- 9296 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (7E11) Mouse mAb
- 5286 Phospho-Bad (Ser136) (185D10) Rabbit mAb
- 9297 Phospho-Bad (Ser155) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.