Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (1A5) Mouse mAbProduct information
Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (1A5) Mouse mAb
|100 µl (20 western blots)||
Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (1A5) Mouse mAb
|300 µl (60 western blots)||
Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (1A5) Mouse mAb #9206
|9206L||300 µl (60 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9206S||100 µl (20 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9206||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, D. melanogaster||Endogenous||70, 85||Mouse IgG2a|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (1A5) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of p70 S6 kinase only when phosphorylated at Thr389. This antibody also detects p85 S6 kinase when phosphorylated at the analogous site (Thr412) and possibly S6KII phosphorylated at Thr401.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr389 of human p70 S6 kinase.
p70 S6 kinase is a mitogen activated Ser/Thr protein kinase that is required for cell growth and G1 cell cycle progression (1,2). p70 S6 kinase phosphorylates the S6 protein of the 40S ribosomal subunit and is involved in translational control of 5' oligopyrimidine tract mRNAs (1). A second isoform, p85 S6 kinase, is derived from the same gene and is identical to p70 S6 kinase except for 23 extra residues at the amino terminus, which encode a nuclear localizing signal (1). Both isoforms lie on a mitogen activated signaling pathway downstream of phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI-3K) and the target of rapamycin, FRAP/mTOR, a pathway distinct from the Ras/MAP kinase cascade (1). The activity of p70 S6 kinase is controlled by multiple phosphorylation events located within the catalytic, linker and pseudosubstrate domains (1). Phosphorylation of Thr229 in the catalytic domain and Thr389 in the linker domain are most critical for kinase function (1). Phosphorylation of Thr389, however, most closely correlates with p70 kinase activity in vivo (3). Prior phosphorylation of Thr389 is required for the action of phosphoinositide 3-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) on Thr229 (4,5). Phosphorylation of this site is stimulated by growth factors such as insulin, EGF and FGF, as well as by serum and some G-protein-coupled receptor ligands, and is blocked by wortmannin, LY294002 (PI-3K inhibitor) and rapamycin (FRAP/mTOR inhibitor) (1,6,7). Ser411, Thr421 and Ser424 lie within a Ser-Pro-rich region located in the pseudosubstrate region (1). Phosphorylation at these sites is thought to activate p70 S6 kinase via relief of pseudosubstrate suppression (1,2). Another LY294002 and rapamycin sensitive phosphorylation site, Ser371, is an in vitro substrate for mTOR and correlates well with the activity of a partially rapamycin resistant mutant p70 S6 kinase (8).
- Pullen, N. and Thomas, G. (1997) FEBS Lett 410, 78-82.
- Dufner, A. and Thomas, G. (1999) Exp Cell Res 253, 100-9.
- Weng, Q.P. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 16621-9.
- Pullen, N. et al. (1998) Science 279, 707-10.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1998) Curr Biol 8, 69-81.
- Polakiewicz, R.D. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 23534-41.
- Fingar, D.C. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 1472-87.
- Saitoh, M. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 20104-12.
- Cao, R. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Neurosci 38, 312-24. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Guertin, D.A. et al. (2009) Cancer Cell 15, 148-59. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Park, J.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 23132-41. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Murai, A. et al. (2012) BMC Vet Res 8, 128. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Caron, M.A. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e66433. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Campone, M. et al. (2011) Mol Cancer 10, 110. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Zheng, X. et al. (2014) PLoS One 9, e111536. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Bu, Y. et al. (2018) Nat Cell Biol 20, 104-115. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9208 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Ser371) Antibody
- 9234 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (108D2) Rabbit mAb
- 9205 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) Antibody
- 9204 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr421/Ser424) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2708 p70 S6 Kinase (49D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9202 p70 S6 Kinase Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.