Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) (2B1) Mouse mAbProduct information
|100 µl (10 western blots)||-||Unavailable in your region|
Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) (2B1) Mouse mAb #9186
|9186S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9186||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) (2B1) Mouse mAb detects less than 5 ng of phosphorylated Elk-1, and will not react with up to 1 µg of nonphosphorylated Elk-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser383 of human Elk-1.
The transcription factor Elk-1 is a component of the ternary complex that binds the serum response element (SRE) and mediates gene activity in response to serum and growth factors (1-3). Elk-1 is phosphorylated by MAP kinase pathways at a cluster of S/T motifs at its carboxy terminus; phosphorylation at these sites, particularly Ser383, is critical for transcriptional activation by Elk-1. Elk-1 appears to be a direct target of activated MAP kinase: (a) biochemical studies indicate that Elk-1 is a good substrate for MAP kinase; (b) the kinetics of Elk-1 phosphorylation and activation correlate with MAP kinase activity; (c) interfering mutants of MAP kinase block Elk-1 activation in vivo. Other studies have shown that Elk-1 (Ser383) is also a target of the stress-activated kinase SAPK/JNK (4,5).
- Plotnikov, A. et al. (2011) Mol Cell Biol 31, 3515-30. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9182 Elk-1 Antibody
- 9181 Phospho-Elk-1 (Ser383) Antibody
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 9101 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 9107 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (3A7) Mouse mAb
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
This product is intended for research purposes only. The product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.